What is Metabolic Syndrome?
– Name for a group of risk factors that raises your risk for heart disease, health problems such as diabetes and stroke.
– our metabolism is our energy delivery system.
– metabolic syndrome is when the energy delivery system is impaired.
How do I know if I have metabolic syndrome?
- Increased waist circumference, the waist-hip ratio is high.
- Fasting blood glucose tests are high
- Fasting blood cholesterol tests are high, especially the Triglycerides.
- Low Vitamin D
- Excess calories
- Lack of exercise
- Behavioral. Poor dietary habits.
What is turbo metabolism?
Energy delivery system is working in its optimal condition.
How to get started?
1. ‘Creating harmony with ourselves’. It’s the Body-mind connection.
– Ask your self why you need to do this. Everything will fall into place.
2. Take out the trash!!’ in your diet
– Review your pantry and refrigerator
– Remove any processed food
3. Optimal nutrition for optimal health
– Eat a healthy diet rich in fresh vegetable and fruits, nuts.
4. Alcohol is a metabolic poison.
– Avoid Alcohol as even in small amounts, it is toxic to your system.
5. Water is essential for life
-Two-thirds of your body weight is water. All biochemical processes in the body occur in the media of water.
-Drink at least 100 ounces of water daily.
-Dehydration is sometimes perceived as hunger.
-Helps with clear thinking, helps with digestive issues
6. Fountain of youth- Exercise
– Weight-bearing exercise help with bone regeneration and muscle growth
– Mindful eating with exercise helps with weight loss and increased energy.
– Keep moving!!!
7. Control stress before it controls you
– Meditate, mindfulness daily 10-15 minutes to reconnect to that place of happiness and peace within yourself.
Pankaj Vij, MD, BIO
Dr. Pankaj Vij is a firm believer in the mind body connection. Because a healthy lifestyle is a key to longevity and quality of life, he is on a life-long quest to uncover the secrets to achieving balance in the body-mind and one’s surroundings. Dr. Vij is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine and has been practicing in the San Francisco Bay area since 2002. He has helped hundreds of people achieve and maintain their goal weight, reduce stress and improve their overall health.
Dr. Vij is passionate about nutrition and fitness and is interested in slowing down the aging process and optimizing human performance. He believes in improving health span, not just life span by promoting a low glycemic, anti-inflammatory diet, regular physical activity, meditation, and sleep, adding music and humor for good measure. He believes in integrating the latest science and technology with age-old wisdom to achieve balance in psycho-neuro-endocrine systems which are intimately inter-connected. He has a strong interest in Mind-Body medicine, stress management, and mindfulness as ways to quell the fire within and turn the body clock backward.
He works with individuals and groups to enhance health and improve outcomes in terms of work-place satisfaction and productivity, and presents at national and international professional conferences on preventive medicine and age management. He attended medical school at the elite All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, and completed a residency in Internal Medicine at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI. His book Turbo Metabolism is slated to be published in the fall of 2017.
Liked what you heard? Love what I am doing with my mission of spreading the truth about how we can live healthier, happier and longer?
Then please SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND SHARE with your loved ones!! They will thank you for it 🙂
Till next time, wishing you health, love, and joy!