Watch Video Clips Below
Meet Dr. Brogan, and awakening to a healthier life.
– Illnesses can be seen as a special invitation to wake up.
– Health is not about medications or no medications, it’s about answering the question your body is asking.
– This book creates a roadmap on how to be yourself and awakening to true self
What is it that psychiatry has missed, what is your big insight here?
– We’re seeing more and more mental illnesses, even in our younger population.
– We are made to believe that by managing our symptoms with medications we are managing our reality.
– Understand that you are emergent phenomena, connect to yourself and connect to the universe.
What do you mean by an evolutionary mismatch?
– People who are sick or have psychiatric illnesses have this perception that there is something wrong.
– Come to an understanding that the world around me has created a situation that I’m rebelling against.
Taking a pill for the pain is a problem, not a solution?
– Taking a pill for the pain is a problem, not a solution
– In six decades no valid evidence that mental illness is a chemical imbalance.
– Most of the time it is only symptom management, underlying issues are not being addressed.
– We have a reverse engineer model where the medications we are taking to address the psychiatric issue, leads to the theory of the pathological diagnosis.
– Evidence of efficacy and side effects of the medications are far broader than its benefits
What have been your insights around pain, tears and emotional healing?
– You must learn to be that first midwife for yourself, tell yourself this message “Just Let it hurt”
– Initiation is necessary for transformation into the adult conscious. We are always focused on product achievement and output.
– Adversity, Deep grief, challenges have medicine in them, which provides strength for healing.
-We can develop emotional mastery, and own ourselves, by making room for this kind of vulnerability (i.e feeling grief and other emotions)and authenticity.
Why is fear the sickness?
– We are all struggling with a torrent of fear all the time, be it financial issues, relationships or just within ourselves.
– Our defensive mechanisms keep us from healing, emotional repression can lead to illnesses.
– Learn to embrace your fear.
– Watch these simple breathing and relaxing techniques and meditations to help relieve anxiety and fear.
Check out PART 2 where Dr. Brogan shares her blueprint for healing.
- 1/2 a cup of frozen organic cherries (or other berries)
- 8 oz of fermented coconut water, coconut water, or filtered water
- 3 tablespoons of collagen hydrolysate as a protein base
- 1 tablespoon of sprouted nut butter or sun butter
- 3 pastured egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
Dr. Kelly Brogan, BIO
Kelly Brogan, M.D., is a holistic health psychiatrist, author of the New York Times bestselling book, A Mind of Your Own, Own Your Self, the children’s book, A Time for Rain, and co-editor of the landmark textbook, Integrative Therapies for Depression. She completed her psychiatric training and fellowship at NYU Medical Center after graduating from Cornell University Medical College and has a B.S. from M.I.T. in Systems Neuroscience. She is board-certified in psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, and integrative holistic medicine and is specialized in a root-cause resolution approach to psychiatric syndromes and symptoms. She is a certified KRI Kundalini Yoga teacher and a mother of two.
Then we have a gift to encourage you! Click here for our founder’s Free Health Journal. it gives you 30 days of free weekly tracking of your moods, diet, meds, symptoms, notes, goals and gratitude.
Dr. Kelly Brogan,
Liked what you heard? Love what I am doing with my mission of spreading the truth about how we can live healthier, happier and longer?
Then please SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND SHARE with your loved ones!! They will thank you for it 🙂
Till next time, wishing you health, love, and joy!
Pingback: Heal Anxiety and Depression without Pills with Dr. Kelly Brogan | Part 2 - HealCircle