Quinoa Fennel Fabulous Salad
Here’s a dreamy creamy tangy warm salad for a crisp November lunch.
I concocted this because Quinoa beats rice and fennel adds an exotic refreshing flavor to any salad!
The secret to brightening a potentially dull and flavorless whitish meal is red bell pepper hummus! Give this a try and share how you like it in the comments below.
- 2 cups cooked sprouted organic quinoa
- 1 cup finely chopped red lettuce or romaine
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup finely diced fennel stalk and leaves
- 2-3 red radish shredded
- 1/2 green or red apple shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper hummus
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon organic minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced green chili or jalapeño (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
1. In a mixing bowl blend all the minced, diced, shredded ingredients of lettuce, cilantro, mint, ginger, apple, radish, and fennel bulb, leaves, and stalk.
2. In another bowl mix the hummus with oil, salt, and apple cider vinegar so it’s more pourable.
3. Pour the blended hummus dressing on the cooked quinoa till well mixed. Then toss in all the salad blend from step 1 into the flavorful quinoa.
4. You can enjoy this as a warm salad by making both the quinoa and the dressing warm or you can make it a cold salad by using cold ingredients. Personally, I love it warm with the cold crispness of apples and fennel. But then I’m a bit kooky!
1. If you only have regular hummus, simply blend it with cooked red bell peppers to make your own easy peasy red bell pepper hummus. 1/2 cup hummus to 1 medium-sized pepper deseeded.
2. Depending on your tastebuds, you can add or remove the hummus dressing to your liking. So I always suggest starting with half the portion and adding more till your taste buds explode!
3. This keeps 2 days in the fridge covered. After that it’s a wilted mess, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Enjoy, share and comment if you liked it!
Then we have a gift to encourage you! Click here for our founder’s Free Health Journal. it gives you 30 days of free weekly tracking of your moods, diet, meds, symptoms, notes, goals and gratitude.
Liked what you heard? Love what I am doing with my mission of spreading the truth about how we can live healthier, happier and longer?
Then please SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND SHARE with your loved ones!! They will thank you for it 🙂
Till next time, wishing you health, love, and joy!