By Dr. Mache Seibel
Fire up the grill and lower your hot flashes as you enjoy this healthy way to barbeque.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 ounces tempeh
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- Lettuce and tomato slices for
- garnish (optional)
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger rolls
- To prepare the marinade, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, and pepper to taste in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut the tempeh into 4 slices.
- Using a steamer, steam the tempeh for 15 minutes.
- Place the tempeh and onions in a 2-quart casserole and pour the marinade over them.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400ÅãF.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes (or grill, basting frequently with the marinade).
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato if desired. Serve hot on hamburger rolls.