Listen to Cate Stillman interview Reena Jadhav on how she healed from her health crisis by clicking on audio below:
I wanted to talk with Reena, founder of HealerPedia because after she interviewed me twice about Ayurveda I got curious about who she was. It turns out she’s one smart cookie who coaches Silicon Valley entrepreneurs in the success of their startups. With one degree from Wharton and an MBA from Harvard, Reena’s healing journey is of particular interest to me.
Her career path was interrupted by a soul-journey health crisis. After getting nowhere fast, she took back her life into her own hands and found her healers, her doctors, and her support team to help her regain her body. In the process, she awoke to the crisis of healthcare and where startups and venture capital can make a difference. She’s at that cool startup place of being whole, ready, and curious about where her dharma and the marketplace will take her.
I rap with Reena Jadhav about healing her dharma + healing her Autoimmune disease:
- Earning a Masters in Self Health Care
- How an imbalance of surrender and control contributed to her disease pattern
- How she healed her CIPO
- Why it takes a team, not a doctor, to heal yourself
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How Western medical tests can indicate you’re healthy — even when you know something is really wrong
- How our bodies can go above and beyond in maintaining balance, even when a perfect storm is brewing inside that leads to a health crisis
- An understanding of what a tipping point is and what happens when our bodies reach that moment
- 5:00 — Reena explains her lifelong health patterns and the health roller coaster that necessitated the beginning of intense healing.
- 10:45 — By taking her health and diagnosis into her own hands, Reena gained a much better understanding of what was going on in her body and why it seemed to be fighting back so hard.
- 15:15 — We need to understand our Subtle Body language to see patterns that allopathic medicine can’t pick up on.
- 22:00 — Healing can put us in touch with our souls, even if we haven’t really been living that way before.
- 29:50 — The healthcare system is completely broken. If we don’t fix it now, we will handicap an entire generation. We’re sick as a nation, and we don’t need to be.
- 34:30 — Reena explains the evolution of HealerPedia and how she plans for growth. People are reinventing healthcare, and it’s important to support that.
- 42:50 — Startups can be scary, but they provide a great metaphor for life: it’s important to dive right in, follow your intuition, and see where it takes you.
- “I didn’t really have time to think about, ‘Wait a minute. Why is my bodybuilding cancer inside me? I should change my lifestyle.’”
- “I remember clearly thinking that my body was screaming at me, and I didn’t want to shut it up… I wanted to do something about it.”
- “I believe that every human being’s body, soul, and spirit are trying so hard to keep everything in balance. And then something tips. When that tips, everything gives up.”
- “So you were like a bacteria cesspool — in your gut — and you were just feeding it with sugar and you’d been doing that since you were born.”
- “We’re living in this boiler room where no one’s taking a moment to chill out.”
- “What people think is, if you don’t have cancer — if you don’t have something deeply disturbing — you’re fine. You’re not sick. The reality is that that’s not true!”